See and Do in Solomon Islands
A scattered archipelago of some 900-old richly forested mountainous islands and low lying coral atolls, the Solomon Islands has been attracting international tourism since 1568 when Spanish explorer Alvaro de Mendana first sailed into this tucked away corner of the South Pacific.
TOP MUST DO'S
- Watch the spectacular display of Kavachi's underwater volcano in south of Ngatokae, Western Province.
- Visit Honiara's cosmopolitan and colorful food market in downtown Honiara's, a vibrant and living melting pot of the Solomons!
- Treat yourself to watching the wild antics of frocking dolphins out of a cove on Savo Island.
- Catch a glimpse of the fierceness of World War II battles and be touched at the bravery of soldiers that made the ultimate sacrifice by visiting war sites in and outside Honiara, on land and underwater.
- Enjoy the water's underwater in clear conditions by diving Gizo's Grand central Station or the Japanese wreck, the Toa Maru.
- Take a flight and be awed by the raised atoll islands of Rennell & Bellona, which is the home of Lake Tegano, a World heritage site.
- Be mesmerized by the calm expanse of Marovo lagoon in the Western Province, the largest saltwater lagoon in the world and home to an array of teeming marine life.
- Free the spirit of adventure inside you by surfing some of the world's top surf hideaways in lau lagoon in Malaita or Tagovave on Guadalcanal's Weathercoast.
- Be blown away by the poignant sound of panpipe music of 'are'are in Malaita.
A real pleasure and relaxing time. Will love to come back again.
Hon. Sprent Dabwido
I really enjoyed my stay here. The service provided by the management and staff is excellent. Your rooms are fantastic
Hon. Belden N. Namah
Solomon islands was one my dreams.My stay in this hotel made my dream sweeter.First I'd like to thank the staff of the hotel.Very polite and the most...
I stayed here for a few days in advance of my dive trip aboard the Bilikiki live aboard, in order to do the WW II tours. People were super nice, room was...
On the 1st of Nov we arrived in Honiara by cruise ship for our wedding at the Heritage Park Hotel. The wedding was a month in the planning. From the initial...