See and Do in Honiara
A scattered archipelago of some 900-old richly forested mountainous islands and low lying coral atolls, the Solomon Islands has been attracting international tourism since 1568 when Spanish explorer Alvaro de Mendana first sailed into this tucked away corner of the South Pacific.
TOP MUST DO'S
- Watch the spectacular display of Kavachi's underwater volcano in south of Ngatokae, Western Province.
- Visit Honiara's cosmopolitan and colorful food market in downtown Honiara's, a vibrant and living melting pot of the Solomons!
- Treat yourself to watching the wild antics of frocking dolphins out of a cove on Savo Island.
- Catch a glimpse of the fierceness of World War II battles and be touched at the bravery of soldiers that made the ultimate sacrifice by visiting war sites in and outside Honiara, on land and underwater.
- Enjoy the water's underwater in clear conditions by diving Gizo's Grand central Station or the Japanese wreck, the Toa Maru.
- Take a flight and be awed by the raised atoll islands of Rennell & Bellona, which is the home of Lake Tegano, a World heritage site.
- Be mesmerized by the calm expanse of Marovo lagoon in the Western Province, the largest saltwater lagoon in the world and home to an array of teeming marine life.
- Free the spirit of adventure inside you by surfing some of the world's top surf hideaways in lau lagoon in Malaita or Tagovave on Guadalcanal's Weathercoast.
- Be blown away by the poignant sound of panpipe music of 'are'are in Malaita.
Great Place & great ambience What makes the Heritage Park hotel a very nice place to stay is not only the beautiful local architecture, the pool area...
I really enjoyed my stay here. The service provided by the management and staff is excellent. Your rooms are fantastic
Hon. Belden N. Namah
Thanks for the hospitality and professional service which made my stay in Solomon Islands most comfortable and enjoyable. I wish you continued prosperity...
A real pleasure and relaxing time. Will love to come back again.
Hon. Sprent Dabwido
I stayed at Heritage Park Hotel for a week during a recent work trip in the Solomon Islands. My stay at Heritage Park was an absolute joy! The entire staff...